Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Weller gun tips

John Robertson wrote:

Agreed, the Weller gun can help in an area where you need to apply a lot
of heat, yet you don't want an open flame - like soldering ground braids
together deep inside a pinball game! Otherwise the gun sits in the tool
chest like many other tools we use once in a while...

Jeff, your solder furnace looks nice, but a gun is a lot more portable.

A solder gun is just another tool that can be used correctly or incorrectly.

I also agree about the usefulness of a soldering gun, and I will add
that you can make your own tips from the 100amp single strand copper
wires for house wiring.