Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Tuning Up A Century Old Dresser - With Roller Guides

dpb wrote:
On 04/12/2016 5:55 AM, dadiOH wrote:
dpb wrote:

If you build a panel door that is fully and tightly constrained on
all sides with no expansion room, it'll fail sooner rather than
later. Door panels in exterior doors are _not_ fixed; they float.

Gee, I learn something new every day.

You're welcome...

OTOH, I don't know why you're now getting snippy; just responded to
your comments implying trying to keep a panel flat by constricting
the edges...
But, suit yourself.

I wasn't trying to be snippy. If I was trying to be snippy, I would have
asked, "Float in what?" or "So I can't glue in a plywood bottom?".

And I don't think restraining the edges keeps a panel flat. Restraining the
top and bottom of the FACES at the edges, yes; edges themselves, no.