Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Cooker Hood - and Noise

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:01:11 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
One of the absolute worst things about cooker hoods, in my view, is the
noise they make. Have been looking around and seen, for example, some
Bosch ones are claimed to be super-quiet.

Sorry for late post, I don't get much time at the moment.

I have a Bosch Exxcel DWB09E752B Chimney Hood.
It is pretty quiet, certainly on the lowest setting, which is powerful enough for 3 pans boiling away merrily.

Mine currently makes an interesting noise before the 2 gravity back-draught flaps pop open - I think there's a bit of grease in there. ! So it seems to be able to generate a bit of pressure.
I've also mounted it quite high so I don't bang my head on it.

I've seen some horrendous hoods rattling away about 2 feet above the stove where you can't even see into the rear pans. Eventual project is to replace the halogens spotlights with LEDS.

Now where are those nappies ...

Simon.