Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 14:26:20 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:09:31 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 13:25:42 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:23:54 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 11 April 2016 22:23:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:49:36 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

Then don't plug in 1 million mp3 players at the same time then.
As this would be how a smartmeter could detect and know what you are plugging in.
I do know someone that was writing an app for use with smartmeters.

Easy enough to make your car charge unevenly to simulate other things.

No it would't be in reality.
Sure you could just charge your car at 100ma the same as a torch, for a few weeks, but no one would care would they.

But we use things like kettles, tumble driers, etc. So you just make the car charge then stop then charge then stop, preferably at a different level each time.

That would depend on how you think the electicity will be paid for which you don't.

What?

What is it going to cost to fill up with electricity ?
Simple question.
Or how much per kw

What you be the advantage of stopping and starting charging a car ?
The amount of electricity used will be pretty much the same.

But it would appear to the meter that it was on and off use like domestic appliances.

so, what will a car be called a non dometisc applience whicvh gets free electricity paid for by the govenrment ?

can you tell me who's going to pay for the elecicity used to drive UK cars.