Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 3:39:11 AM UTC-4,
wrote:

You probably won't like my Saeco espresso machine either. It has a
green light to indicate when the water is up to temp and you can
proceed. It's lit when it's heating and goes out when it's up to
temperature. It's not labeled at all. I think that's backwards,
because most people would think the green light means "ready",
not "heating". If it was at least a red light, it would make more
sense.

Those color codes can be confusing. At work for years a switch that was red
ment stop and green ment go.

Then we started getting in some equipment from Europe. They decided the
switches on the outside of the equipment boxes ment that red was on and ment
danger and green was off and ment it was safe to open the door to the
wiring. So now in the plant there are two "standard colors" each meaning
the opposite. Too bad that OSHA or one of the several other groups that
inspect plants for safety has not stepped in and said something about that.

The zero and one for off and on has been used around the plant for a good
many years.
Sofar it has stayed the same.