Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Idiotic Rocker Switch symbols for ON & OFF

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:40:11 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:59:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 02:38:15 -0400, wrote:

Here is a picture of a rocker switch designed by idiots.
http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages...SW05301-40.jpg

Instead of putting the words ON and OFF on it, they put a LINE and a
CIRCLE. (Which means absolutly nothing).
Both words ON and OFF begin with an "O". If that circle is an "O", it's
worthless. Or maybe it's a number zero. "0".

And what the heck does the LINE mean? (To me, it means nothing. Is it a
lower case letter "L" or upper case letter "I", or number "1", or just
plain meaningless line.

Whoever began labelling switches this way, should be fired from their
job, and be sent to prison for the rest of their life, for creating a
dangerous product.

Why cant they just put the words "ON" and "OFF" on the switches? If the
full word wont fit, them put "N" and "F" (oN & oFf).

International symbols that anyone (except you) can understand no
matter their native language. Build a machine in the USA and write
"OFF" and the citizens of Albania, Chine, Russia, Lithuania, will have
no clue what it means. They all figured out the I and O a few decades
ago.

Just like the symbols for the mens room.

Like I'm supposed to convert this to computer code, when it's not a
computer. Do you really think those other countries, which are probably
computer illiterate will understand this? I doubt it.

The people with multimeters could run a continuity test. A cheap
automotive circuit tester with a battery will show off from on. The people
with neither will flip the switch off and on a couple times to see what
happens.

Some cut.