Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rimless cartridge question

On 12 Apr 2016 03:39:17 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-04-11, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 11 Apr 2016 01:52:04 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-04-10, Gunner Asch wrote:

[ ... ]

I bought my first 5 SKSs, for $75 each, with a 440rd spam can of ammo

[ ... ]

You've had quite a few, then. Have you ever seen one with the
bayonet blued? That is what I have, FWIW. Just my luck as one of a
group at work who ordered some at the same time. All the other had plain
bayonets. All Russian manufacture and old enough, so they could keep
the folding bayonets.

Only IRRC..the Albanian was blued, and it was a spike, not a blade.
You want to know about SKS bayonets...hummm...there was a guy from
back home...

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-19.htm

O.K. The forth photo starting at the top (the third full blade
photo) is what I have. Called a "black finished bayonet". Anyway, the
suggestion that it went though an arsenal rebuild makes sense.

Thanks,
DoN.

Is your rifle in the proper age range? Ive not seen very many older
than about 1956ish or so.

Gunner