Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:29:03 +0100, wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:50:52 +0100, pamela wrote:

snip

The charger doesn't exactly put on a performance with patterns of
flashing LEDs sufficient to impress people passing on the other
side of the room.

This is true. ;-)

This La Crosse look-a-like sits quietly without
even as much as a solitary red LED to tell you it's on.

LCD's ya know.

So far I'm not all that keen on the user interface of my UniRoss
version. I tried a random collection of two AAs and two AAAs in it on
'test' and it said one was dead (which I think is probably correct),
two had zero capacity (unlikely) and one was 2Ah (possibly). However
the display when it had finished was very confusing.

Hmmm. ;-(

I've currently got a set of four similar AAs in it and the result
seems totally confusing. Running 'charge test' again on them just
tells me they're FULL and have 0mAH capacity.

Then I wonder just how 'alike' the UniRoss unit is to the BC-700 as
I've only seen reasonable information from mine.

The setup does require you do make some changes within 10 seconds of
turning it on or some such but apart from that, the displays, controls
and functions are logical, to me anyway.

One minor niggle is that it doesn't display the terminal voltage on
each cell for very long (if you wanted to note them etc) but that's
only a minor issue.

Cheers, T i m