Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Tuning Up A Century Old Dresser - With Roller Guides

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:1df6083d-1b73-47c2-993a-
:

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 8:57:14 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

3/8" on one drawer, 1/2" on the other.

So you're saying there's 1/8" of sag?

No, I'm saying there is 3/8" sag on one drawer and 1/2" sag on the other.

OK, think I mis-read your prior post to say you were measuring
up from the underside of the drawer.

I am surprised, with 1/2" of sag, that the bottom hasn't pulled
out of the grooves in the sides. If that bottom is solid wood,
which way does the grain run? Is it possible the wood has
expanded due to humidity, and can't fit without bowing?

John