Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Kraus[_2_] Larry Kraus[_2_] is offline

Default Tuning Up A Century Old Dresser - With Roller Guides

On 4/11/2016 9:22 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 8:57:14 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

3/8" on one drawer, 1/2" on the other.

So you're saying there's 1/8" of sag?

No, I'm saying there is 3/8" sag on one drawer and 1/2" sag on the other.

Based on a prior post
where I think you said the sides extend 1/2" below the groove.

I don't think I'd worry about 1/8" of sag.

I wouldn't either, but that's not what I have.

That is a lot of sag, but I don't see any mention that it interferes
with the operation of the drawers.

If it's not hurting anything, I'd leave it alone. It took many years to
develop, it will take many years to flatten without using lots of force
and risking cracking and placing other components under stress. If
anybody else even notices it, call it "character" and explain to them
how it proves originality and enhances value. It's OLD, it's supposed to
be wrinkled.