Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

On 11/04/2016 21:23, Steve Walker wrote:

It's not just duplicating notes. In November, my wife went in for carpal
tunnel surgery. She arrived on time (very early in the morning), waited
20 minutes and then was taken to a side room. In the side room she was
asked, name, address, date of birth, medical conditions, allergies and
so on. All well and good. However before she got to theatre (about 3-1/2
hours later), she was asked the same set of questions, by different
staff, seven times! What a complete waste of time and money.

I'm not one to defend the health service but these repeated questions
are deliberate standard practice and are designed specifically to ensure
that staff are always talking to the right person.