Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1960s-1970s Telephone Repair

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:48:37 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 09:51:46 -0700, wrote:

I don't know what kind of plastic your part is but there is a two part
plastic cement that bonds well to many of the plastics that are hard
to glue. I don't remember the name but I think it is made by Loctite

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/sg_plstc/overview/Loctite-Plastics-Bonding-System.htm

Cyanoacrylate resin and MEK as "activator". Works quickly and great
for most plastics. However, the MEK tends to dry out prematurely in
the bottle. Have some extra MEK handy if you're going to use it.
Also, make sure everything is free of grease or it won't stick.

Greetings Jeff,
The stuff I'm talking about is not a cyanoacrylate resin and activator
system. It is two parts that must be mixed and then applied. This is
the stuff. I think. See the link:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-0...0788/100371824

Eric