Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

On 11/04/2016 17:52, Huge wrote:
On 2016-04-11, Capitol wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 11/04/2016 14:08, Huge wrote:
On 2016-04-11, Andrew wrote:
On 11/04/2016 10:31, News wrote:

Yes, but why? We're talking the NHS, not a series of private
companies.

And that's the problem in a nutshell. No profit motive, no
accountability, and loads of jobsworth chips off shoulders.

Sadly, having had some exposure to the American "system", I can assure
you it's considerably worse.

Still not a problem if you have effective medical insurance (which
most big employers provided). The insurance company with their
skyscrapers full of clerks argue over the bill with the hospital of
physician.

We wouldn't have an NHS if other countries (who provide all the
hi-tech kit and drugs) didn't have a profit-based system.

You don't seem to have any real knowledge or experience of the
US health system.

Or indeed of anything else.

I worked in a hospital path lab for 7 years. All the essential analysers
were American (Beckman, Coulter, Technicon). The only British CT scanner
factory (Philips medical) was in Crawley and that closed down years ago.