Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Terry Casey" wrote in message

Aptitude for IT? I don't think so ...

The only time I ever see my doctor is for a compulsory
"medication review" about every 9 months or so.
The fact that I monitor my own BP, on two different
monitors, just to be sure, makes no difference.
The waiting room is usually full of screaming babies.
The rational response to this is that these screaming
babies have every right to be here, in fact more right
as they're actually ill whereas I'm not. Similarly the
reasons that my appointments are usually runninhg
twenty of more minutes late is simply because the
doctor is seeing people who are really ill.
Unfortunately my blood pressure isn't governed by
rationalisations, but by the actual screaming babies and
the twenty minute waits.
When I finally go into the surgery he's already tapping
away; and he's tapping away for the whole five minutes
I'm in there. The screen is angled away making it
impossible for patients to see. Very often the first
reading is high, and I explain about the home readings
and everything else. I've even bought him printouts.
And yet every time this seems to come as big surprise
to him; so what he's tapping away at is anybody'd guess;
but its certainly nothing to do with me.
Maybe he's posting on Twitter or Facebook, dunno.

He's reporting to the loony bin that you still have rabid
blood shot eyes and flecks of foam about the lips and
look like you are about to murder someone.