Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_12_] Graham.[_12_] is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:01:13 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

In article , mjadams25
says...

Basically the integrity of the software, and thus the data, might
depend on the abilities of hundreds of "caring" NHS staff with
very little aptitude or affection for IT.

A few years ago, some of my medication was changed to a different type of the
same kind of drug.

The prescription was accompanied by an explanatory note. This had obviously
been provided by the drug company providing the 'new' drug as a basis for the
practice's own letter but they simply copied the original and handed that
out.

They also obviously used the time honoured quality degradation method of
photocopying whereby the original disappeared and every time they were close
to running out, one of the previous batch was copied.

The copy I received was just barely legible - in fact, the only thing that
was easy to read on it was my handwritten name!

Aptitude for IT? I don't think so ...

FP10 forms (prescriptions) are routinely sent between surgery to
pharmacy by, you guessed it, the good old-fashioned fax machine.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%