Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vintage Fisher TX-300 Integrated needs caps

wrote:

** You must have a different idea of "readily available" to mine.

The original RCA 35144s PNP outputs are not easy to find ( no listings
on Ebay) and the only similar type I can find from a dealer is the AD149.

http://www.transparentsound.com/tran.../AD149M-0A.JPG

Didn't suggest they were cheap, just readily available.

** Then you are wrong on both counts.

https://octopart.com/nte179-nte+electronics-22547

** The NTE179 is nothing like the original RCA part and is very expensive.

OTOH, the AD149 is very close as sells for under US$10 on Ebay or just over A$5 from the store I usually frequent here in Sydney.

..... Phil