Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1960s-1970s Telephone Repair

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 9:22:11 AM UTC-4, Chuck wrote:
On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:12:40 -0400, "J. B. Wood"

I have had good luck with some plastic parts using Gorilla super glue.

In most cases, I would suggest super glue - Gorilla or otherwise. But many phone parts are made from DelrinŽ (Polyoxymethylene), which also happens to be one of the materials used to deliver super-glue as it does not stick to Delrin. I am not stating that this particular part is Delrin - but a great many friction and contactor parts are made from that material because of its self-lubricating and excellent insulating properties. Further to this, it naturally repels metallic dust and powder, such as could build up and arc.

JB Weld *does* stick to Delrin reasonably well, and has enough self-integrity to bridge and fill.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA