Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default (Totally OT) The NHS

On 11/04/2016 10:31, News wrote:

Yes, but why? We're talking the NHS, not a series of private companies.

And that's the problem in a nutshell. No profit motive, no
accountability, and loads of jobsworth chips off shoulders.

Surely someone, somewhere, should have standardised IT equipment across
the NHS years ago? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I just cannot imagine any
large private organisation with multiple buildings and branches allowing
each to go their own way when installing something like IT equipment.
What would be the point?

No one in the NHS is in charge of IT. Tony Bliar appointed an IT czar
and paid him £250,000 a year back in 2001 and after spending god knows
how many billions it still didn't work seamlessly and the coalition had
to cancel it to reduce Gob****es annual £150 Billion deficit
(coincidentally the same as the annual cost of the NHS, so actually
no-one (alive) is paying for the NHS). Most,if not all hospitals are
electronically linked to the GPs in their catchment area. It's when
patients venture out of their usual patch that problems can occur.