Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 09:18:05 +0100, pamela wrote:

I particularly like the capacity measurement with that charger.
It helps eliminate failing cells.

And that was one of the main reasons for buying one for me as
there are plenty of basic chargers out there. ;-)

snip

When a man who has 20-odd chargers thinks a particular charger is
useful then I'm persuaded.

Quite. ;-)

I placed an order.

Cool. ;-)

Watch out now, I might blame you loudly for ever more for any and
every difficulty with the charger no matter how trivial. Heh!

Of course, I've been helping people most of my life so am very aware
of the 'you touched it last' or 'you advised me to get it'
responsibility. ;-)

However, I only *recommended* the BC-700 or potentially one of it's
exact clones (as that is all I had used personally) and based on the
idea that you can spend anything between £4.99 and 'thousands' on a
Rolex watch ...

It was also recommended on the premise it was specifically good for
*testing* the capacity of AA and AAA cells, much better than any
charger that couldn't do those things (whilst also being a good
charger etc).

I am possibly going to buy another charger soon for testing, charging
and balancing 10 x Li-Po and Li-Ion cells, simply because I both have
and have been asked to 'check' such chemistry batteries and you need
such things to be able to do so easily and safely. [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] An interesting facet to that is it has a PC interface and by
running some software you can also log and view (maybe even also on
Linux for a change, although it looks like it might still be the
Windows version under WINE?) the results of each cell in your battery
during all the test phases (back to the 'you can manage what you can
measure'). I wonder what you might call some software that can log
and view such data ... ;-)

http://www.logview.info/forum/index.php?pages/eng/