Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slooooow!

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 12:34:36 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I was thinking of something that requires a lot of throughput like video editing or animation production. I'm not a pirate who's uploading movies so I really don't need the high upload speeds but I do need a high download speed so I can watch those streaming pirated movies. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Streaming Monster

Maybe I am still a victim of the "distributed processing" craze that
started in the 80s when we unhooked from mainframes and did the work
on our desk.
Now it seems we are going back to the mainframe (cloud) model and
depending on far away computers to do what we did on our desk.

Back your work up now and then to a remote server and work where you
are. This is not a new concept. There are lots of ways to keep your
local data secure from anything but theft, a fire or a meteor strike.
Theft is still possible in the cloud but you will still have your copy
.... if you made one.