Dave Plowman

Default MEM Gridwwitch 8000

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
If it's still plugged in but has a supplementary fuse in an FCU
etc, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's still the fuse in
the plug that goes...

You could use unfused 15A round pin sockets off a fused spur.

So you cut off one plug merely to substitute another? Sounds like a
solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Also, are suitable shuttered 15
amp sockets available, and at what cost?

Myself, I agree that having the fuse in the plug isn't a problem. I used
a 20A DP switch instead of an FCU to avoid having two fuses, and
allowing a more pretty grid switch based solution that wouldn't take up
too much space on the tiles.

That would make more sense if you really, really must have a separate
switch for your appliances. But I think it's just making work for the sake
of it - dedicated low situated sockets inside adjacent cupboards would be
my way if a re-wire was undertaken.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW 12