Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 1960s-1970s Telephone Repair

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:12:40 -0400, "J. B. Wood"
wrote:

Hello, all, especially those with familiarity with subject. I've got a
decades-old Stromberg-Carlson SC-2554 wall mount phone. It's still in
great shape except recently a small white piece of plastic on the
make/break hook switch broke rendering the rest of the cradle mechanism
inoperative. The plastic piece finally broke from the tension from the
return spring. It's a clean break but I'm afraid that even if I can
glue the pieces back together it will most likely fail again in short
order. Thanks for your time and your comment is most appreciated.
Sincerely,

Glue the broken parts back together but do NOT reinstall them in the
phone. Instead, find someone with a 3D digitizer and 3D printer who
can make a reproduction of the original. I'm not familiar with SC
phones, but the equivalent part in a Western Electric wall phone is a
flat plate with two rectangular holes. That can probably be machined
out of plastic. I couldn't find a photo with Google Images.

Are you sure about the model number? The SC number was SC-554 while
the WE number was 2554.

SC-554:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDP6I8bEP8o

WE 2554: