Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default Banksia

On 10/04/2016 12:27 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 12:42:05 -0600
graham wrote:

I doubt that I'll ever find another piece. This blank came from a
long-defunct woodturning supply store in the UK.

never know
for example suppose the customs people dumped that bad unfumigated
batch out back the customs house

while they were busy imprt and exporting the seeds took hold

I'm now turning some Manitoba Maple burl and practising my deep hollow
turning technique.

is it really from manitoba

i saw some wood recently and they used a common name including the
united states place name but the wood was shipped from east europe

We call it Manitoba Maple but the other name is Box Elder. It's Acer
negundo.
Graham