Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default (OT) Computer Monitor flickers

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 10:39:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Computer Monitor flickers. It almost looks like a florescent light
before they burn out. The picture is clear, but it constantly flickers
(dims and brightens). It's a Flat screen LCD Acer 8193w. (or is that
a193w) (my eyes aint so great anymore).

I believe all the older flat screen LCD monitors have a florescent bulb
inside, where as the newest are LED. (This is an older monitor).

I'm suspecting the bulb. I'm not sure how hard they are to replace or if
bulbs are available.

This problem IS NOT the computer or video cable. I plugged in two other
working monitors onto that same cable and they work fine.

Most likely a193W...I've found these (19") from $2 to $30 at garages sales. I heard it's easy to mess-up the reflective material and get uneven brightness, on a repair like that.