Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
The sensible way would be to tax on actual road usage. Quite easy
to do now, unlike a few years ago.

That's always been easy - get the MOT check to register your
odometer (I know, first 3 years would need a special case).

Far far too easy to fiddle the mileage reading on any car. The used
car trade has been doing it for ever.

Including electronic odometers?

Even easier with the correct software.

It doesn't look that easy:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Odometer-Reprogramming/

Looks pretty simple to me - especially if lots of money is involved. And
most can be done without a soldering iron anyway.

For everything that claims to be hack proof, there is always a hacker.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.