Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rimless cartridge question

On 8 Apr 2016 00:15:07 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-04-06, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 17:50:53 -0700, wrote:

[ ... ]

You're biting off a big bite. I also designed a cartridge and got
pretty far along with it. It was a .32 S&W Long necked down to .22
caliber. I made my own cherry and started to ream a chamber before I
was cautioned by a wildcatter I met in the ASSRA. He told me the walls
were 'way too thin on that cartridge for what I wanted to do.

Hmm ... ever seen the .22 Remington Jet? A .357 Magnum necked
down to .22. Long taper and a problem backing out in a revolver -- it
tends to bind the cylinder from free rotation unless you really clean
all oil out of the cylinder bores and off the case.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Had one..a conversion of the Ruger 256 Hawkeye. Worked well enough.
Guy saw it..made me an offer Id have been an utter idiot to turn
down..sold it. Bought a pickup truck with the proceeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Hawkeye

Gunner