Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default (OT) About New Orleans being built below sea level

On 4/9/2016 9:10 AM, wrote:
I was just watching a program on tv about New Orleans, which showed a
lot about the buildings, culture, and other stuff. They briefly showed
how it's built below sea level (which I knew), but I was never there and
did not know how much was built there and how some of those buildings
are very historic and intricate, such as the cathedral. This left me
with one big question.

How did they ever begin to build this city when it was under water? And
WHY would anyone even consider doing such a thing? I can only presume
that it began when (due to some dry spell), the water level was lower
than usual. (just a guess). It dont make much sense to build levees with
the intention to build a city.

Maybe someone on here lives there or knows more about it.

Building a house below sea level is phucking stupid.

Rebuilding after a major flood is phucking insane.

But New Orleans democrats know if they cry loud enough, the taxpayers will "bail" them out.

What really makes me laugh are the numbnutz that voluntarily donated their
money to help rebuild the crime-infested New Orleans swamp.