Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Anything I can pour into water heater that will dissolve deposits?

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 5:29:03 PM UTC-4, Toodlesbug wrote:
replying to Doc, Toodlesbug wrote:
I can't understand why a bottle of Lime-Away wouldn't work. I'd dump it in
when the tank was about 1/4 full and leave it overnight. Lime-Away sure works
to dissolve crud in a pan I've been adding water to on the stove to humidify
the house in the winter, and it does NOT dissolve metal or glass or plastic.
Just the crud.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/plumbin...-dep-2612-.htm

the crud is likely plugging leakes in the tank. so messing with it will likely require replacing the tank really soon

BTW this discussion was originally from 2007. i sure hope google self driving cars are better than their news group software