Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 18:08:39 +0100, pamela wrote:

snip

Is this Uniross on Amazon the same charger as the La Cross BC 700?
It has the same sort of look but is promoted as a "one hour"
charger.

I think that is because if you set it to 1000mA (or possibly more if
you are only charging 2 cells) and have 1000mA cells it should charge
them in one hour. However, set the charge rate at 200 and it will
charge them in 5 hours (all 'ish' etc).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T157CB0/

The back of the packet says it charges at 200, 500, 700, 1000 mA.

I don't think it's 'the same' as the BC 700 only goes to 700mA but it
could well be the same technically (apart from that g).

This suggests that some of the variants are as thought:
http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/techno...0-or-BC900.asp

For me 'the point' for such chargers is the slow charge / cycling /
testing and I feel that is best done at less than 'maximum' charge
rate. That's not to say that that isn't a test / use in itself, just
not one I need (or have other chargers for).

Cheers, T i m