Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Cooker Hood - and Noise

newshound Wrote in message:
On 4/9/2016 8:52 AM, jim wrote:
Wrote in message:
On Friday, 8 April 2016 23:01:11 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
One of the absolute worst things about cooker hoods, in my view, is the
noise they make. Have been looking around and seen, for example, some
Bosch ones are claimed to be super-quiet.

What I have been wondering is whether this is classic marketing - sure
you can cut the noise, you turn the fan down so low it is useless. And
at the other end, I suspect all of them are noisy at full speed.

I also like the idea that some don't end up with sharp corner, foreheads
for the gouging of. And if they are going to have lights, LEDs with
decent colour rendering.

Suggestions of how to choose a decent, quiet cooker hood - without
completely busting the bank - including specific makes and models.

Whatever you get, do the usual thing & mount motor, fan assy and whole hood on rubber tap washers. Add damping material onto the sheet metal.

NT

Who TF "usually"
does this twaddle ?

The tap washer trick is pretty easy. It's normally well worth trying to
decouple shower pumps, and make sure that pipes are not touching battens
or panels.

So you also advocate buying a new cooker hood, taking it apart
and inserting tap washers in certain places, rebuilding it and
fitting it into your kitchen? :-D :-D

Presumably even if it were possible invalidating any
manufacturer's warranty etc.

YMMV doesn't seem quite enough in this particular NT fantasy... :-D

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/