Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 21:09:36 +0100, Geo wrote:

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:24:02 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

We need someone to carry out an inspection of the electrical system. I
had assumed that the CU was an old Wylex or similar unit fitted with
cartridge fuse-holders but the surveyor says they are rewire-able!

What is wrong with that? Mine only blew when I overloaded the lighting
circuit with an infrared heater in the bathroom. Still have the original
card of fuse wire otherwise unused. (47 years)

It is unlikely to have an up to date electrical safety certificate!

I don't even have an out-of-date one - don't see what the problem is...

+1

--
Johnny B Good