Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

pamela wrote:
On 19:18 1 Apr 2016, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:56:43 +0100, wrote:

snip

I think mine is a 'BC 700' although they may appear under
different names.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Crosse-Te...ery-Charger/dp
/B000RSOV50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynI28X7M_Y

I think 7DayShop have the Uniross which I believe is the same
hardware. It's much cheaper there, £18.99.

Yes, sorry, I didn't spot the price of that one till I looked
again! Yes, the Uniross seems to do the same sort of thing but
goes to higher currents.

This is the sort of thing I've got:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/hmkmmj3

But it too could be an 'uprated' version as I got mine a while
ago now.

I bought one for a good mate who was regularly 'cooking' his
batteries on a rapid charger and he uses his every day (but
really just as a good charger).

Cheers, T i m

Is this Uniross on Amazon the same charger as the La Cross BC 700?
It has the same sort of look but is promoted as a "one hour"
charger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T157CB0/

The back of the packet says it charges at 200, 500, 700, 1000 mA.

I've just got mine (Uniross that is) from 7dayshop. Yes, it does
charge at those currents and (in spite of the writing on the outside)
does charge all four cells independently.

I'm just running the first batch of cells through it, seems to do what
it's supposed to do. :-)

--
Chris Green
·