Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
On 08/04/16 13:14, Tim Watts wrote:
Like I said, not happening anytime soon. Possibly ever. It's virtually
impossible to tax car electricity (the core point) specially compared to
"normal" electricity as you cannot mark it in any special way like fuel
and it's too easy to circumvent.

So they will tax batteries or something else, instead

If it doesn't move, tax it, if it moves, tax it.

I see Ofgem are proposing charging a higher rate of VAT on heavy users
of electricity (or a variable rate depending on usage). There is an
article in the 'i' about it.

The sensible way would be to tax on actual road usage. Quite easy to do
now, unlike a few years ago.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.