Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
PS has been creeping out for years. It is no longer the EU "legal"
definition of power, and despite representing a German Horse Power,
German horses are less powerful than British ones so causing all the
more confusion. Perhaps the feeling they are "creeping in" is more a
reflection of the cars you buy, or for cars where power is seen as so
crucial, or even marketing where you get more PSs for your money?

kW is an international unit with no local variation, so perhaps best to
stick to that?

It's like many things. One tends to stick to units you are familiar with -
unless for professional reasons. Same way as many still give a person's
height in feet. Know the price of a pint of milk. And so on.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.