Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slooooow!

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 10:06:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:45:12 AM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/07/2016 03:01 PM, wrote:

[snip]

With cable internet, you are sharing a node with a bunch of your
neighbors. Your speed will vary based on what they are doing.

This is often used to claim that DSL is better. the rest of the internet
uses shared connections too.

I'd like to see the actual claim.

A claim that DSL is "better" because you don't share your connection means
nothing unless you back that up with some numbers.

If I take an isolated back road to Grandma's house, I don't have to
share the road with anyone. However, if I take a shared highway, I can
get there in half the time. Is the back road "better" merely because
I didn't have to share it?

I use DSL because a 10 meg connection that is working beats the hell
out of a 50 meg connection that is down.
I understand Comcast may be OK in other places but they suck here and
that is the only other wired option.