Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Slooooow!

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On 04/07/2016 02:20 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[snip]

I have bought my own
modem,but it is the one they recommend on their web site and it should
be
capable of atleast 100 or more if cable was sending it.

Probably DOCSIS 3, 4X. According to wikepedia, that modem should be able
to handle 152 Mbps downstream and 108 Mbps upstream.

--

It is a Surfboard 6121. A DOCSIS 3.0 from the docs. Should be able to do
172 Mbps download. That is over 3 times the speed of 50 Mbps that I am

It must be something between the modem, router, and computer. I just got a
Win 10 computer and it will show 50 mbps downlink while another 2 computers
will only give 10 to 25 mbps plugged into the same eithernet cable. The old
and new computers both have a 3 Ghz processor and are almost identical in
most things such as memory and processor.