Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Slooooow!

On 08/04/2016 16:28, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

We have Charter -- a somewhat upscale package: 60mbps down, 4mbps up.
There's a 100mbps down package, but still, I think, only 4mbps up. Even
the business packages are not symmetrical, as far as I know.

Perce

The packages here are (in Mb) 50/5, 75/7.5, 100/7.5, and 150/7.5.
They're not using bonded channels for upstream, which may explain why
the upload speed is limited.

BTW, as I write this, I look at my cable modem to verify that only one
(downstream) of the LEDs is blue (blue indicates bonded channels).

I wonder why the ISPs over there are offering such relatively low upload
speeds compared to here in the UK. I assume that it is just the rate
that they've decided to offer.

--
Bod