Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Slooooow!

On 08/04/2016 15:06, trader_4 wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 20:12:27 +0100, Bod wrote:

A few lucky buggers over here can get Hyperoptic @ *1Gb* down AND 1 Gb
upload speed. Mindblowing!

At a certain point you are only going as fast as the site you are
downloading from and the slowest link in that path.
Speeds like that might be appropriate for a business with lots of
users but for your casual homeowner it is just bragging rights.

Same thing with upload speed, for most of us at least. I never upload
anything of size. All the stuff of size is coming down. I doubt that
having anything above maybe 1 MB up would make any difference for me.

The thing that a fast upload is good for is if you send a lot of data to
the Cloud.

--
Bod