Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Slooooow!

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Wired PC 29 Mb down, 5 up
Android phone at other end of house from router, 16 down, 5 up

That's with cable, lowest/standard speed. Cablevision has two higher
levels of service speed available for additional cost.

I am suspose to get 50 meg on my cable. By the TWC (Time Warner Cable)
speed test I seldon see 30 and usualy less down. I do get atleast 5 or
slightly over on the up like I am suspose to get.

Wired or wireless can make a difference, as can the device. As I noted,
the speed on my iPad is 10Mb slower than my Android phone or wired PC.

Actually, that just made me chuckle.

The 10 Mb that I *lose* on my iPad is faster than some others get in the
first place and 20 times *faster* than PaintMan can get at the library.

Man, that must s-u-c-k!

Some of the other test sites will give 35 to 40 down and the same 5 or
slightly over up.

I have been thinking about getting in touch and finding out why I am not
getting over 30 reported by their speed test. I have bought my own
modem,but it is the one they recommend on their web site and it should
be
capable of atleast 100 or more if cable was sending it.

I received another computer yesterday and ran some speed tests on the TWC
cable internet. The new computer ( which is a used Dell running 3 gb and
win 10 ) is getting around 50 meg now. I checked the other 2 computers I
have and they are both around 25 meg. It must be something in the computers
either net cards or settings that are doing that.