Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
michael adams wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

What you say is absolutely right, but I'm afraid that you're wasting
your breath as far as Mr P is concerned. He believes that torque is
GOD - period!

quote

"Torque, moment, or moment of force (see the terminology below) is the
tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis,[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque

quote

Given that torque is the power transmitted via the drive axle which
causes the wheels to rotate, its difficult to see what's wrong with his
claim, quite honestly.

Hasn't stopped many trying. And failing.

Except maybe in cars fitted with sails.

Would that be 'thrust'? ;-)

--
*I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.