Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Slooooow!

On 08/04/2016 06:53, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 1:03:49 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
When I went to DSL I first checked into the local high-speed internet
services. All were either tied to also paying for TV (which I never
watch) or had terrible service and product reports. DSL maybe slower,
but at least I've had very few problems - only out twice, a few
hours, in all the years I've used it. Fast enough for pleasant
Usenet, email, and Google research. I've not tried Youtube or other
video - will some day.

Try http://www.speedtest.net/

I'd be curious to see how much DSL has improved since I used to use
it.

I'm not home right now, but I'll try to remember to run wired and
wifi speed tests on my various devices tonight and post the results.

11.28 DL, 0.85 UL.

Out of interest, do you know the percentage of people in the US who can
get fibre (so called Superfast internet) ?

Here in the UK it's over 90% rising to 95% by 2017.

For the record mine is 50Mbps down 19Mbps up using ethernet (wired).
--
Bod

One more time, which country is smaller and easier to wire? ‰ˆ64 million vs ‰ˆ324 million people and ‰ˆ242,000 sq.km vs ‰ˆ9,150,000 sq.km. Now let me see..... ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Huge Monster

I understand that , I'm just interested.

--
Bod