Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Slooooow!

On 07/04/2016 22:31, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:51:01 -0500, "Joe (not really)"
wrote:

On 04/07/2016 03:01 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:20:48 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I am suspose to get 50 meg on my cable. By the TWC (Time Warner Cable)
speed test I seldon see 30 and usualy less down. I do get atleast 5 or
slightly over on the up like I am suspose to get.

Some of the other test sites will give 35 to 40 down and the same 5 or
slightly over up.

I have been thinking about getting in touch and finding out why I am not
getting over 30 reported by their speed test. I have bought my own
modem,but it is the one they recommend on their web site and it should be
capable of atleast 100 or more if cable was sending it.

With cable internet, you are sharing a node with a bunch of your
neighbors. Your speed will vary based on what they are doing.

It really doesn't have to be that way.
I have Comcast's 100/20 package. It *always* tests and performs 120Mb/24Mb.

I have Comcast 75mb service.
This morning it was 90/12 on Speedtest.net
On xfinity.speedtest.com it was 20/12
Just checked ten minutes ago and it was 33/12 on Speedtest.net.
And about 2 minutes ago it was 90/12 again.
On xfinity.speedtest.net it stayed at 20/12.
Anyway, it's fast enough for me.

Blimey, that's *very* erratic speeds.

--
Bod