Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slooooow!

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 3:10:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 17:01:16 -0400, wrote:

I'd be curious to see how much DSL has improved since I used to use it.

I'm not home right now, but I'll try to remember to run wired and
wifi speed tests on my various devices tonight and post the results.

I just tested mine on that site and I am getting 9.96meg down, 720k up

Are you saying you get 9.96 megs per second download speed? I did not
know that was even possible. I'm on dialup, and that is all I can get in
my rural location, unless I was to pay well over $100 a month for
satellite tv and internet. I have no need for the tv part, and wont pay
that much anyhow, particularly when I am finding the whole internet
becoming more and more worthless lately.

My dialup internet is included with my landline phone at no extra cost.
I cant even make phone calls from my cellphone at home (poor signal),
but can usually send and receive texts (If I go outdoors, because my
aluminum siding blocks all signals indoors). So I need a landline either
way....

Anyhow, a local restaurant gets me 1.2 megs per second download speed. I
thought that was incredibly fast. At our library, I only get 300k to
550k downloads (sometimes even slower).

I just checked here and running through a proxy, I measured 12.5\4.2. Unencumbered, late at night when no one else is online, I've seen 54\4.5. The provider is Charter Communications. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fast Monster