Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Martin[_3_] Bill Martin[_3_] is offline

Default Dead Electrical

On 04/07/2016 05:31 PM, tom wrote:
"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in
message ...
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"Ian Field" wrote in message
news

With my DMM I have to remember to subtract about 0.2R every time. But it
isn't always the same - sometimes its a few R, very occasionally it
actually reads zero with the probes shorted.

Its probably the sockets in the front so new leads/probes probably
wouldn't fix it. I have newer meters, but I've had that on a long time
and
its become comfortable.

Some of my meters have a button on them that will set the display to
'zero'
for most functions.

Some of the other inexpensive DMMs do not have any way to zero out the
resistance.
I even had an old one somewhere that had a zero adjustment pot similar to
my trusty Simpson 260 analog.

This meter was one of the extra high quality super accurate types that
Harbor Freight gives away free! :O)

Otherwise known as a "transfer standard".

random number generator