Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default ff's is soft or hard maple preferred.

On 4/7/2016 6:18 PM, notbob wrote:

Kickback pawls are probably what I thought to be the "guard thingies"
I saw on that ancient woodshop safety film.

Rarely have used a TS guard since I got rid of my old overhead system,
but never fail to use BOTH a push block, and a splitter.

The splitter/riving knife is the single most important device for
preventing kickback on a through cut there is.

In the thousands of shop photos, it would be rare to see a glimpse of my
table saw without some type of splitter ... this is one I made out of
the old Delta guard that came with the saw ... not quite as effective as
a riving knife, but a whole lot better than no splitter:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...67454187233 8

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net