Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Dead Electrical

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote
in message ...
Yes, you're right. The zero was offset on the meter. Measuring again
showed resistance is lower than the detectable value for this meter.
Thanks.

The old faital fail to zero out the ohm meter error. Hapens to the best
of us sometimes.

With my DMM I have to remember to subtract about 0.2R every time. But it
isn't always the same - sometimes its a few R, very occasionally it actually
reads zero with the probes shorted.

Its probably the sockets in the front so new leads/probes probably wouldn't
fix it. I have newer meters, but I've had that on a long time and its become
comfortable.