Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

In article , says...

On 07/04/2016 10:48, Terry Casey wrote:

As much is required to bring it up to a safe standard, if necessary. Anything
more can wait until later when we will have a much better idea where
additional sockets, etc. are needed

What's safe is to some extent a judgement which depends on who is using
it and how. I may have missed if this is intended for you to occupy or
to let.

We are buying it to occupy ourselves. The move to a bungalow is because we
are neither of us getting any younger - I will be 72 in a week's time and
acute arthritis in both knees is making it increasingly difficult to manage
stairs.

Bending to skirting board mounted sockets - of which there are much fewer
than needed for a modern life style - is increasingly difficult so we want to
move in and settle down so that we can identify the ideal location and
numbers of sockets required. As all the walls are of a solid construction, a
re-wire to suit all our needs will also require redecoration, which we don't
want to contemplate right now.

--

Terry