Posted to alt.home.repair
Harold R Harold R is offline

Default Can you guys get your teen kids to work with you around thehouse?

Frank wrote ... on Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:01:03 -0400 ...

I might have gotten my sons to help if I did it with them but things I
told them to do like cutting grass was like pulling teeth and easier to
do myself.

Eldest son surprised me on his second marriage where his father in law
taught him to do more things than I had ever attempted myself.

So my advice is get them to work with you but not on their own

Actually, the whole question was about getting them to work "with" me.

I don't really want them to work on their own. Sure, they can,
but the question was about fixing stuff, like putting brakes on
or mounting tires or mowing the lawn or repairing things.

Most things that need to be repaired need to be diagnosed,and they
get bored in just a few minutes of diagnosis.