Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

In article ,
says...

You may find it better to strip and replace the roof
as the tile fixing nails may well be at the end of their life, normally
indicated by roof tiles obvious having been replaced(different colour).

That shouldn't be necessary: "The concrete interlocking tile covering was in
satisfactory condition with no slipped or missing tiles visible."

All other aspects of the roof were good - everything level, straight and
square with some possible attention needed to the pointing at the side of the
valley.

The wiring may be rubber insulated (possibly aluminium conductors)
unless it has been rewired since construction. (Used up to about
1960)This indicates a complete rewire IMO particularly if you are going
to move/add sockets etc. ARW can advise if you are lucky.

I should have said that it is PVC. Unless it has been rewired, in which case
I would expect a more modern CU, I think I will be getting reacquainted with
3/029 and 7/029 for the first time in about 50 years!

--

Terry