Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

On 07/04/2016 10:48, Terry Casey wrote:

As much is required to bring it up to a safe standard, if necessary. Anything
more can wait until later when we will have a much better idea where
additional sockets, etc. are needed

What's safe is to some extent a judgement which depends on who is using
it and how. I may have missed if this is intended for you to occupy or
to let.

If the former you might be happy to live for a while with the fuses and
use plug-in RCDs for protection when mowing the lawn etc.

If you will be letting it then, while there's no statutory requirement
similar to that for gas, as landlord you are responsible for the safety
of the wiring and fittings. And you might want to bear in mind that
many tenants these days might struggle to rewire a fuse. But I'm not a
landlord so I'll defer to those who are.

--
Robin